The Femeconomy Effect is about using the significant economic purchasing power women have to achieve gender equality.
Women make over 85% of purchase decisions. In Australia alone during 2017 this equated to approximately $818 billion in total (online purchasing was over $19.7 billion). Yes, it’s a LOT of money. And it’s in our hands where we choose to direct it. If women buy from brands that have women in leadership, those companies will profit. This encourages other companies to have more women in leadership. More female leaders across all industries will be the catalyst to accelerate achieving gender equality.
Culture is lead from the top. If more women are at the top of the ladder, they can help address these gender equality issues:
- the gender pay (and superannuation) gap,
- expanding career choices for girls and women, because if you can see it, you can be it,
- changing society’s view of gender roles in parenting and distribution of household work,
- changing workplace mindsets and behaviour around diversity and inclusion, and
- normalising the role of women as leaders of industry.
The time has come
We want you to be informed and to close that long-standing pesky gender gap by buying from the brands that support female leaders. Australia will be better for it. Let’s make the world more equal for women with every purchase. If there are particular consumer categories you want us to investigate, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Watch this short clip on The Femeconomy Effect
Women make over 85% of purchase decisions. You’re Femeconomy. We want to help you shop brands with female leaders to create gender equality. The power is in your purse. Sign up to our monthly enews to stay informed.