We want you to succeed in business! Whether you are monetising your passion, creating a job for yourself by starting your own business, growing your business to the next stage, or planning full scale world domination with your enterprise, here’s a range of support and resources to help you on your journey.
BUSINESS NETWORKS AND MENTORING
- Advancing Women in Business & Sport – Michelle Redfern combined 20 years of executive leadership experience, sporting administration, a love of sport and passion for gender equality to create a unique enterprise to advance women.
- AusMumpreneur – Australia’s #1 community for mums in business. Proud hosts of The Women’s Business School and the national AusMumpreneur Awards and Conference.
- Business in Heels – Enabling business & professional success for women through mentoring, education, connection and marketing. Be empowered through Mentor Mornings, Leadership Summits & the Business Accelerator Program. Become a certified Mentor with their Masterclass.
- Femeconomy – Supports, amplifies and connects women owned and women led businesses with each other and with opportunities.
- Inspiring Rare Birds – Develop business confidence and a growth mindset with the help of an experienced mentor. Learn methodologies that support your business to scale and succeed.
- Mentor Walks – Mentor Walks match you with a leading female CEO, Director, Executive or Founder who is there to help you get a clearer perspective. Talk with a small group, meet other good women, build your network and step your career forward.
- Mums and Co – The movement for business-owning mums who want to launch, grow and scale their #mumbition.
- Strong Women Strong Business – Connect with Indigenous business women, to share knowledge in navigating the path less trodden. No matter where you are in your business journey, you have wisdom to share.
- The Rural Woman – Re-imagining connection for isolated people so they can #bloomwheretheyareplanted. Providing the ultimate online eco-system to support rural women to start micro-enterprises.
- WISEAM – Women in Start ups, entrepreneurship and Management provides monthly hands-on workshops, mentoring and networking.
PRE SEED EDUCATION, ACCELERATORS, SEED SUPPORT AND FUNDING
- Business In Heels Accelerator – Providing startup with the tools to go from idea to sale. Then marketing to scale. Their business budgeting masterclass has been approved by a bank as creditworthy. Scholarships are available that include business registration, website creation & CRM.
- Code Like a Girl – Code Like a Girl is a social enterprise providing girls and women with the confidence, tools, knowledge and support to enter, and flourish, in the world of coding.
- Elevacao Foundation – Founded in New York, ELEVACAO is a global pre-accelerator for women tech founders. Since launch, they’ve empowered 165 women across the U.S. and Australia who have raised $80m+ and produced 3 Exits.
- Girl Geek Academy – Learn coding, game development, 3D printing, AI, machine learning, drones and new emerging technologies.
- Heads Over Heels – Supports female entrepreneurs in growing their companies more quickly and efficiently by introducing them to our Connectors; prominent leaders in business, government and the community.
- Indigenous Business Australia (IBA) – Business Finance and partnerships – from big ideas through to making them happen, IBA can provide the right mix of products, services, advice, networks and capability.
- LaunchVIC – established by the Victorian Government in March 2016 as an independent agency responsible for developing Victoria’s startup ecosystem.
- SBE Australia – SBE Australia Accelerator provides women with access to tools, networks and knowledge to help women build and scale global, sustainable businesses.
- Scale Investors – Network of Angel Investors who invest in cutting edge Australian innovative companies being led by female founders.
- SheEO – a global community of radically generous women building a $1B perpetual fund to support women working on the World’s To-Do List.
- Tech Ready Women – Programs accelerate your tech and startup journey by providing you with mentoring and training in tech and business.
- The Seed Scheme – Part incubator, part business school, part leadership program and part life-academy, THE Seed Scheme brings together geographically disparate women who want to grow a business, enterprise or idea and provides them a unique and supportive environment in which to Bloom.
- The Women’s Business School – Recently awarded Best Incubator for women, The Women’s Business School provides world-class education and support for female founders and business leaders. Through a 6 month programs women develop their business skills, connect with fellow women and gain advice and inspiration from successful women in business.
- Grant Connect – The Current Grant Opportunity List contains all current Grant Opportunities (GOs) open for application.
- Support for Businesses in Australia – Information, grants, services and support from across government to help your business succeed.
- Entrepreneur’s Program – The Entrepreneurs’ Programme provides access to a national network of experienced facilitators. They will work with you to improve your business practices, become more competitive, and take advantage of growth opportunities.
- Growth Roadmap – The Growth Roadmap service provides an analysis of your business by an independent facilitator. They’ll help you develop a roadmap to increase your ability to trade in Australia and/or other markets.
- Growth Grant – Growth Grants are an Entrepreneurs’ Programme grant to help your business grow.
- SMART Projects and Supply Chains – The SMART Projects and Supply Chains service provides businesses with access to strategic or high-value projects that increase business capability, meet the specific needs of a market opportunity, or otherwise improve business performance and leadership capacity.
- Grants and Funding
- Mentoring for Growth – Mentoring for Growth (M4G) offers eligible businesses free access to volunteer business experts who provide insights, options and suggestions relating to challenges and opportunities you are experiencing in your business.
- Advance Queensland Female Founders Program – The Female Founders program is designed to assist female founders at different stages of the entrepreneurial lifecycle. The program focuses on increasing the participation rates and business skills of female founders in Queensland and provides support to those in the growth phase that need assistance to take their business to the next level.
- Online Training for Small Business
- Advance Queensland Innovation Initiative – Advance Queensland is a suite of programs designed to create the knowledge-based jobs of the future, drive productivity improvements and help position the state as an attractive investment destination with a strong innovation and entrepreneurial culture.
- Small Business Skills Hub – Free online training and learning opportunities for COVID-19 impacted small businesses. With short courses covering everything from IT skills through to sales and marketing and leadership skills, the Small Business Skills Hub provides free on-demand learning to business owners.
New South Wales
- Grants and Funding
- Business Concierge – Get a free and dedicated business concierge. A Business Concierge can help you with the government licences and permits that you’ll need for your business.
- Business Connect – Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. Business Connect advisors are accredited professionals with first-hand experience running their own small business. Their advice is independent and completely confidential.
- Start or Grow a Small Business Guides – Before you start a business in NSW, it’s important to take the time to understand the steps involved in opening a new business. Use this guide as a checklist of tasks you may need to complete.
- Grants and Programs
- Business Tools and Templates – practical tools, templates and calculators to help you start and run your business covering starting a business, finance, marketing, staff management, information technology and business licences.
- Grow your Business – Whether you want to increase your profits, hire more staff or develop new products, these guides can help you to set goals for expansion and track your success.
- Partners in Wellbeing Helpline – Wellbeing and Mental Health Support program for small businesses
- Grants – assistance programs to help you start, run and grow your business.
- Business Essentials – tools and information to help create a solid foundation for your business.
- South Australian Tenders and Contracts website – provides access to all publicly available bidding opportunities within the South Australian Government.
- Support Services – support to help you establish or expand your business, advice about how to leave your business in the best position when you leave, or anything in between.
- Grants and Funding
- Business Support links
- Contact a Territory Business Centre – Territory Business Centres can give you information about starting a business, licensing requirements and government assistance programs.
- Small Business Champions – If you are a Northern Territory (NT) business, Aboriginal enterprise or not-for-profit, you can get help from a Small Business Champion.
- Online Business – Find out where to get information about running an online business including practical tips.
- Grants and Funding
- Starting a Business – advice, tools and case studies to help you get started.
- Enterprise Centres Tasmania – a state wide network of independent business advisors. This free service is designed to help Tasmanians to make key decisions that will help their business reach its potential.
- Managing a Business – Moving from starting a business to scaling, growing, managing, diversifying and exiting one comes with a new range of opportunities and challenges. A suite of commonly asked questions and resources to help you navigate the next phases of your business.
- Grants and Tenders
- Small Business Development Corporation – The SBDC supports new and existing small businesses in Western Australia with a range of free advisory services and workshops.
- Strong Business, Strong Community – The Aboriginal Business Capability Building (ABCB) Program is a West Australian Government Department of Finance funded initiative that builds on the opportunities created by the APP to build the capacity of Aboriginal businesses in WA to grow, prosper, and tender for government work.
- Business Support – Tools and guidance for businesses, including registering and licensing your business and consumer protection issues.
GRANT AND TENDER WRITERS
- Ancient Wisdom Writers – A leading boutique of tender and grant writers, editors and proofreaders. Providing full service in responding to a tender or additional resources.
- Complete Business Solutions – Grant and Tender writing service in Cairns, securing millions of dollars for startups and SME’s through creative and technical writing.
- Engage and Create Consulting – Engage & Create supports rural and regional businesses through coaching, grant writing & online courses to do what they do best, better!
- KLG Communications – Provider of professional communication services to business, government, academics, novelists and researchers – written documents, presentations and TED talks.
- The Right Grant – A range of services to assist with the development, delivery and promotion of projects. Specialising in securing funding for infrastructure, tourism and arts projects.
You are the female economy. Whether you are a female consumer, business owner or a woman in the workforce, you can create gender equality by choosing female led brands.
To learn more about joining Femeconomy, hit the big red button below: