Female Leader Conversations Ebook feature, Xplore for Success CEO, Amanda Webb said,
“I have discovered that instilling a sense of self-belief in women of all ages is my purpose in life.
My motto – You are enough!”
- Xplore for Success has changed lives, careers and leaders for over 15,000 people, across Australia’s leading companies
- Author of Dear Me, Amanda invited 30 women from various walks of life to write a letter to their 16-year-old self
- 25 years’ business expertise in banking, finance, professional services, FMCG and management consulting
- Has worked for Deloitte, Westpac, AMP and the Sydney Olympic Games
- Amanda Webb is a Board Member, Dress for Success Sydney and is an Ambassador for the Human and Hope Association in Cambodia
For over ten years, corporate Australia has been ramping up the drive for greater diversity in the workplace, which has primarily focused on increasing female representation in management ranks. Despite women comprising most university graduates (for the last 30 years) and entering the workforce at a similar ratio, by the time these women reach lower management they are already in the minority. And their representation continues to fall, reaching only 20% at the executive management level, a percentage which has remained largely stagnant. More females entering the workforce is not having the impact needed to deliver workforce equality.
What has been missing from the equality conversation?
There is a growing body of research which is now highlighting that diversity without inclusion will not deliver substantial change; they must go hand in hand. At its core, inclusion within an organisation means that people are treated equitably, feel both that they are valued and belong. This in turn means they feel safe and empowered, able to bring their unique skills into the workplace whilst retaining authenticity.
Inclusive leadership and an inclusive culture are crucial to this, enabling the maximum performance for a diverse set of individuals in an organisation.
MEN AND WOMEN
Which areas do you focus on to drive equality?
Xplore partners with individuals and leaders to enable them to clarify their purpose, accelerate their career, embrace inclusion and lead with passion.
We continue to passionately advocate for women in leadership, and for as long as women are under-represented in these roles, our programs and executive coaching services for women will remain a cornerstone of our offering.
- We build career excellence and high performance for individuals through our programs which focus on resiliency, empowerment and leadership. These programs are tailored to various levels of workforce and managemen
- We enable organisational change and growth across the inclusion and equality frame through targeted services that embed an inclusion mindset in leaders and establish inclusionary pathways in the organisation.
How do you measure the impact of diversity and inclusion?
- Psychological Capital: this measures the impact to the participants along the factors of self-efficacy, optimism, hope and resiliency. Research shows high psychological capital leads to increased job satisfaction, engagement, commitment and wellbeing, and decreased intent to leave an organisation. The importance of this measure is that it directly assesses the impact of the program to the individual. In 2017 participants in our program reported their Psychological Capital improved from medium to high.
- Net Promote Score (NPS): this measures participants’ satisfaction in our services. In 2017 our core programs had a NPS range of 77% though to 82% across cohorts at two ASX 20 companies. (In general, NPS scores above 50% are deemed excellent).
- Program content rating (PCR): we regularly request participant feedback on the overall program content, and for 2017 the average rating by participants was over 90%.
What are some of the companies you have successfully delivered programs for?
There are so many! They include Allianz, Bupa, Bankwest, GHD, Stockland, ING, Hall & Willcox, Transurban, Lendlease, Melbourne Water, Suncorp, QBE, Aurecon and Optus to name a few. Ultimately for clients our proven content and service delivery translates to real results, measurable change and justified business cases.
A Head of HR for an ASX 50 company said, “Xplore supports us in building a truly inclusive culture. Their mix of career development programs, leadership events and passion for equality and inclusion, sets them apart.” It’s great leading a team that drives outcomes for diversity and inclusion every day.