Our About Us is About You
Women make over 85% of purchase decisions.
That is the Female Economy or Femeconomy as we like to call it.
The power of your purse
We know you love to (or have to) shop. But did you know your purse has the power to change the world? To make it more equal for women the world over.
At Femeconomy we’ll show you your favourite brands and identify which ones have women in leadership. So you can choose to switch to brands that support female leaders.
We think that if women start channelling their collective purchasing power towards brands that have women in leadership, we will impact bottom lines, leading to more women in leadership to advance gender equality – let’s call it the Femeconomy Effect.
And more women in leadership isn’t just good for women, it’s good business. Research from the Peterson Institute of International Economics shows that going from having no women in corporate leadership to a 30% female share is associated with a 15% increase in profitability for a typical firm.
Femeconomy is making an impact.
Here’s a snapshot of what we’ve achieved since launching at the end of September 2016. These achievements have been possible through mobilising the female economy and collaborating with our network:
- One of 80 Women2Watch in Business Disruption Honorees 2018 in Australia, US, Europe & Canada
- Finalist Cosmopolitan Women of the Year 2017 – Entrepreneur
- Finalist Telstra Business Women’s Awards 2017 – For Purpose & Social Enterprise
- One of 80 Women2Watch in Retail Disruption Honorees 2017 in Australia and the US
- iAward Community Services Markets Winner for Queensland 2017
- #Tech Diversity Merit Award Winner 2017 – Business
- Remodista Innovation Award for Women2Watch in Retail Disruption Australia 2017
- Advisory Board Member for Queensland Government’s Towards Gender Parity: Women on Boards Initiative
- Telstra Business Awards’ Judges
- Femeconomy’s website and social media channels reach over 300,000 people each month
- When we launched 722 brands met Femeconomy’s approval criteria of either 30% Women on the Board of Directors or 50% female ownership. Now over 800 receive Femeconomy’s thumbs up.
For more information, or to set up a time to discuss future opportunities:
Watch our short clip on The Femeconomy Effect
Who are Femeconomy’s founders?
Jade Collins – Mother, wife, daughter, determined dreamer. Lover of books. Background in Human Resources leadership in global organisations.
Alanna Bastin-Byrne – CEO of the house, community builder and a globetrotting nomad. Background in Marketing and Communications leadership in the UK and Australia.
Why are we doing this? To make a better world for our children.
Femeconomy is proudly a for profit social enterprise, role modelling Female Leadership and Entrepreneurship. We believe that if you see it, you can be it.